BMC Medical Imaging is recruiting new Editorial Board Members (EBMs) to join the Editorial Board. With the increasing visibility of the journal, we are expanding our Editorial Board to ensure the journal is able to cope with an increasing number of submissions whilst maintaining high editorial standards.
We welcome applications from researchers and clinicians working in areas associated with medical imaging.
BMC Medical Imaging scope and ethos
BMC Medical Imaging is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers all aspects of medical imaging, including:
- Development and evaluation of imaging techniques and image processing tools
- Diagnosis and management of disease through application of imaging techniques and image processing tools
The journal does not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles, this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
We are interested in researchers who are committed to open access, data sharing, and innovation in scientific publishing.
Suitable candidates should:
- have a minimum of fifteen (15) research papers published in reputable, English language, peer-reviewed journals;
- be frequently listed as a corresponding author (first or last author) during the last five years;
- have demonstrable expertise that fits within the scope and the need of the journal.
Suitable EBMs for BMC Medical Imaging must also:
- support the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and be committed to representing BMC Medical Imaging within the scientific community;
- provide a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensure that manuscripts fulfil the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer-review.
What does being an EBM involve?
EBMs are primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the journal’s requirements and recommending decisions on the basis of peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the journal’s editorial policies.
EBMs for BMC Medical Imaging should be willing to handle a minimum of twelve (12) manuscripts per year through peer review across a range of disciplines within their broader subject area.
We also encourage all of our EBMs to take an active interest in journal development and promotional projects to help increase the visibility of our published research.
Our EBMs will be provided with access to training materials, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. EBMs report to the Editor of the journal.
More details about the responsibilities of our EBMs and FAQs can be found here.